The first article in this series offered guidance on three issues that churches considering retaining an interim pastor need to address.
- Deciding on the kind of interim pastor your church should retain.
- Determining the cost of retaining an interim pastor (and what a church stands to lose if it doesn’t)
- The church board’s first task in preparing the congregation for the interim pastor and the transition period.
This article touches two issues:
- How do you evaluate an interim pastor?
- How do you avoid a “paycheck” interim pastor?