We need your help.
We are planning a resource that will help pastors create a personal and professional development tool that is tailored specifically to them. The working concept is a tool that will accomplish two things:
- Provide pastors with an objective evaluation of their personal and professional strengths and weaknesses
- Create a personal and professional developmental path that leverages their strengths and ameliorates their weaknesses into even greater ministry effectiveness.
At this time we are conducting research on a nationwide basis to confirm the findings of two smaller studies.
How you can help
If you are a “permanent” pastor (please accept our apologies, but this survey is closed to interim pastors and church planters) then please accept our invitation to participate in this study.
Simply fill in the form at the end of this post and we’ll send further instructions.
We’ll contact you with instructions on how to do three things:
- Complete an online DiSC Survey
- Fill out a bit of information about your ministry experience
- Complete an online Birkman assessment
What you receive in return
- A Birkman assessment that adds accurate insights to your personal and spiritual growth
- A specialized report that illuminates your approaches to prayer, to God, your learning style, and how you approach teaching and leading in vocational ministry
- A 45 minute consultation with a certified Birkman consultant
- A Coaching Report individualized for you with a workbook
- Insight into what motivates you
- Clearer understanding of what you need to succeed in leadership and relationships
- Clarity about how you react when under stress in leadership, relationship and social situations
- The sense of accomplishment that comes from participating in a kingdom building project
Were you to buy this assessment and consultation on your own, it would cost you a minimum of $500.
UPDATE: What’s involved in being a subject?
Several readers pointed out that I hadn’t been clear on what was involved in being a participant in the study. I’ve added the following to clarify. Thanks to my readers who helped me improve this!
- When you fill out the information below, you’ll be entered into our database of research subjects. Then we’ll send you two short forms to fill out
- The DiSC survey (online link)
- A short 1 page form that collates your ministry history & your DiSC profile information.
- After you return these your results find their way to our database. Then we’ll send you a link to the Birkman. This is a 298 question online survey that should take about 30 minutes.
- Once you’ve finished the Birkman you’ll be contacted to schedule a 45 minute session with one of our research partners. In this session the results of your Birkman will be analyzed and explained. Suggestions for personal & professional development will be offered. Any questions you have will be answered.