I’ve worn out the keyboard on my iMac lobbying for more reliable alternatives to the typical unstructured interview process that most churches use in the search process. Knowing that most churches and some interim pastors aren’t yet ready to give it up, I’ve outlined some best interview practices, and suggested a workflow to developing a more rigorous interview.
So now it’s time to put this issue on the shelf. But before I close the book on this one, let me end with a few additional resources for those who won’t be able to escape the traditional interview process.
- Pastoral Search Interview Questions
- Interviewing a Pastor
- What kind of questions should a church ask a pastoral candidate?
- 13 Questions that every pastor search committee should be prepared to ask
- Interview Questions for Calling a Pastor
- Pastor-Candidate Interview
- Questions for a Prospective Pastor
- When the Word Leads Your Pastoral Search [affiliate link]
- So You’re on the Search Committee [affiliate link]
- The Pastoral Search Journey [affiliate link]